How ‘bout we skip right ahead and get to the center of the tootsie-pop? We are biased — but we are pretty sure we are the most positive place to work in Nevada County. We are a house cleaning company that seeks to be an example of this Mother Teresa quote. “We can do no great things, only small things with great love.” We may be cleaning houses, but our company exists to bring people freedom! Freedom from the stress and chaos of modern life. And freedom to use their time to connect with their loved ones, dig their hands in the garden, walk their fur babies or recover from an illness. You see, you’re kind of a big deal when you walk into a clients home with your tools and supplies and walk out leaving the sparkle our clients feel with their hearts. It’s always an added bonus when they see your awesome work and say ‘WOW!’ Don’t worry we’ll teach you how to bring the wow factor ;-)
We believe this is really important work and we see it each day in how relieved and grateful our clients are with the work our awesome team does cleaning their home with great love.
Honestly, the job is not all roses and puppy dogs — there is some good news and there is some tough love news.
Let’s get the tough news out of the way first:
WARNING if you work here for any length of time, you may never again feel OK working for a company that treats you without kindness, respect, and value for you as a human being. Once you’ve had bosses and teammates who genuinely care about you, expect from you your best while supporting you in giving it, it could be a real culture shock to go back to a toxic work environment which is unfortunately so common in America.
OK, that’s not such a bad thing. Here is the rest of the challenge, right up front. Cleaning is physically demanding work that takes focus and a certain way of thinking and moving your body in an efficient manner. It takes awhile to learn and get really good at because there are a lot of moving parts, both internally and externally. We take cleaning to a level of artistry. You have to learn to not only do high quality work every single time, but you also have to learn the methods we employ so you do it efficiently with as little strain on your body as possible while keeping track of details, time management and impeccable communication on a daily basis. That is how we are able to keep our prices reasonable for our clients and to pay you good money for your work. Not everyone is cut out for this work, and not everyone makes it through the training and testing.
The training is paid minimum wage. If you make in on the team, you’ll be making decent money (which we’ll talk about later) but in training, it’s just 10.50/hr.
Also, there is a lot of driving. It’s a great time to listen to your favorite podcast, personal development book or simply quiet the mind and enjoy the quiet drive. We pay $.65/mile between jobs, but it can take a toll on your car. We haven't figured out teleportation yet, so cars will have to do. Penelope (our scheduler) does her best to avoid this, but sometimes you can be asked to travel from Nevada City over to Penn Valley and then to Alta Sierra to help a teammate finish a first-time cleaning. Another day a could be cleaning a home in Rough and Ready and then Grass Valley, then North Auburn. These long drives are rare, but they do happen, and I want you to know what can happen on the harder days. Most days you’ll have only 2 jobs relatively close together.
Next, there are a lot of details to keep track of. You see, we don’t just clean like little robots coming in and then leaving without a trace. We use comprehensive software / apps in order to keep track of our clients’ very important details. Our job is to care for them. The way we do that is with open hearts, a strong work ethic and by keeping meticulous track of their unique styles and preferences, then by delivering them such exceptional service, that they’ll love you forever.
Now let’s talk about the good stuff:
1. You will be working for a company that stands by its namesake. Great vibes are experienced by our team on a daily basis. The people you work with are positive and supportive. When you rock it, you’ll hear about it. When you’re missing the boat, you’ll hear about it, and we’ll help steer you in the right direction and give you almost everything you need to be successful.
2. You’ll have a chance to learn new skills and ready yourself for more responsibility and for whatever is next in your great adventure called life. Our former teammates have consistently said they are better people when they leave here than when they started.
3. We aren’t big on stress. So, while we will expect you to work efficiently and get things done, we focus
on open communication and doing the best you can in the circumstance and using it as a learning experience. Stress is not Great Vibes.
4. You will experience things, do things, and make decisions on things that no big stuffy company would
ever allow you to do. You will be able to help guide the development of our small company as we continue to improve and grow in how to be exceptional as a company and as people.
5. Gabriel and Triya are healing arts practitioners. Darn good ones at that! If you need support with your health, recovering from injury and immune system boosting, allergies or are simply feeling stressed, you get mini sessions no charge and more formal sessions are at a deep discount.
Now, let’s talk about the job requirements:
1. You will need to be comfortable entering people's homes (their territories) and touching their sometimes fragile stuff.
2. You will need reliable transportation and to feel comfortable sometimes getting lost without losing your cookies.
3. You will need to show up for work (almost) without fail. Occurrences are a big deal here - not showing up for scheduled work compromises our ability to be consistent for our clients: no bueno. We get it... life happens and there are some accommodations made. However, if you’re lifestyle or physical or mental health has you unavailable for work on a semi-regular basis you probably won’t make the cut.
4. You need to be a person who loves to deliver remarkable experiences to other people. In other words, you’re someone who feels good by making other people feel good. If that’s you, you’ll have chances on a daily basis to brighten peoples’ day and in turn, have your day brightened. It’s a win-win.
5. You need to nail down the details, every time. If we miss even small ‘insignificant’ things, we aren’t delivering on our promise, and we aren’t representing the integrity that Great Vibes stands for.
6. If you freakin’ love going above and beyond and finding creative ways to make people's day, this job will be perfect for you.
In short, your job is to help our clients free their time and psychic space to lead a better and more fulfilled life. You help other people to find meaning and joy in your work, and in turn, you lead a more fulfilled life too.
We don’t expect perfection or previous housecleaning skills for you to qualify for this job. We can teach you that. We expect you to bring and use your intelligence, positive energy, a supportive outreach, a natural care for other people and their animals, an open mind under stress, and a get-it-done attitude.
If this is a job that gets you so excited that you would even do it for free, then that’s awesome. But if you prefer compensation (and we totally get it…we prefer getting paid as well) this is what we offer:
There are 2 positions we are hiring for…
High-Vibe House Cleaner Full-Time Cleaning Position (28-38 hours / week)
Pay is a percentage of the job that usually results in between $16 and $20 an hour. There’s a number of extra privileges and benefits full timers get.
High-Vibe House Cleaner Part-Time/On-Call Cleaning Position
Pay for consistent part-time hours is the same. For on-call, you would get paid more. If we have other teammates unavailable for work, you’ll get a call asking if you can fill in, in which case, you get extra percentage that can be closer to $25/hr!
In addition to being a detailed person, you must follow systems and processes. In fact, just to prove that you are detailed oriented and can follow procedures, when you apply for this position in the subject line of the email you must include “I have found my tribe!” in the subject line. Yep, that’s our little trick to sort out the people who blanket send their resume to anyone and everyone, from the folks (that’s you) who are truly interested in this position.
We are looking to bring our new teammate on board soon, but we will spend the necessary time
to find the best fit, both in abilities and with our “culture of care and awesomeness.” One thing that will give you a BIG leg up (but is optional) is to send a quick video in your email along with your resume. In your video, tell us why you think you’re perfect for this job and why you will rock this position. This is purely for us to get a sense of your personality. And if you decide not to send a video (that’s ok), please tell us why you chose not to send in a video.
We are looking forward to meeting you!!!
Triya, Gabriel and The Crew